On Thursday, April 12th, 2018 Google updated their Terms of Service (TOS) for online reviews. The new change to Google’s TOS specifies that ALL customers must be asked for online reviews regardless whether the results were positive or negative in their experience.
In addition to Prohibited Content guidelines, Text Reviews are subject to the following additional requirements:
- Don’t use reviews for advertising purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, posting email addresses, phone numbers, social media links, or links to other websites in your reviews.
- Don’t discourage or prohibit negative reviews or selectively solicit positive reviews from customers.
- Don’t include promotional or commercial content.
- Don’t offer or accept money in exchange for reviews.
- Don’t solicit reviews from customers in bulk.
Full details here by Google: https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7411351?hl=en&ref_topic=7422769